Up to $5,000 is available from the Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program to help SMES to access professional advice and support in the early stages of their business.
Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program
The Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program provides small businesses access to planning, coaching and training to help businesses get a better start.
The Queensland Government through the Office of Small Business (OSB), Department of Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games (DTESB) has made the Small Business Entrepreneur Grants available to newly started small businesses to enable them to access professional advice and support in the critical early stages of establishing a business.
The objectives of the Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program are to:
- support new Queensland small businesses to establish and develop
- encourage entrepreneurship and increase business capability and skills
- facilitate and encourage access to professional business advice
- improve business confidence and business sustainability
- promote a culture of successful small businesses within Queensland
- assist small businesses to work smarter, be more innovative and work less hours
- result in more small businesses surviving, growing and employing staff
- create an environment that makes it easier to do business.
Matched Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program funding of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to participate in training, engage a consultant, advisor, or business coach for up to three months to help establish or develop the business. The minimum grant funding amount is $1,000.
Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program funding can only be used for:
- professional business, tax, computing, legal or financial (accounting) advice
- business and strategic planning
- market research and marketing strategies, including branding strategies and social media/digital strategies.
All new, and recently established Queensland-based small businesses can apply.
To be eligible for a Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program grant the business must:
- have a business name registered within the last 4 years
- have less than 20 employees at the time of your application
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be based in Queensland
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
The participating business must provide the Office of Small Business a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business.
Businesses will be surveyed six months after the completion of the project.
Only one Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program application will be accepted from an individual ABN or business address.
Applications close 13 December 2018.